NW London Appreciative Inquiry – Evaluation of the pilot Keyworker Service
Published on Monday 10nd October 2023 by Dan Short
The NHS Long Term Plan has a commitment that “children and young people with a learning disability and/or with autistic spectrum disorder with complex support needs will have a designated keyworker by 2023-24”.
The NWL Keyworker Service is one of 13 national pilot projects linked to this commitment. It started in Hounslow and in Hammersmith and Fulham in February 2021. By July 2022 all eight boroughs in NWL had a Keyworker in post.
Specific requirements of the Appreciative Inquiry evaluation were to:
- Evaluate the impact of Keyworker interventions on families and young people.
- Understand and evidence the unique contribution of Keyworkers.
- Identify any possible duplication/overlaps with other roles.
- Assess current internal evaluation mechanisms.
- Benchmark with other areas so NWL could learn from best practice.
- Identify at least four possible future operating model options for the NWL Steering Group to evaluate when it is planning how the service will operate from 1st April 2024.