Dementia Learning and Development Framework and Toolkit for Wales
Published on Tuesday 8th August 2022 by Dan Short
The dementia learning and development framework/toolkit developed by Alder Advice for Social Care Wales in close collaboration with key stakeholders has five sections. Each section is a building block for effective learning and development. The building blocks are:
- values and principles
- leadership and governance
- evaluation of impact.
Each building block:
- describes what good looks like
- provides links to resources to help you implement improvements. For example, good practice case studies, implementation tools and related evidence from a literature review undertaken to support this toolkit
- includes a self-evaluation questionnaire to assess current learning and development approaches and identify improvement opportunities.
The dementia learning and development framework/toolkit is designed to support leaders, managers, and workforce leaders across health and social care to come together (including with other interested parties) to lead local dementia learning and development approaches. It will also help:
- leaders of further education, private and third sectors looking to improve learning and development in dementia care can also use it
- localities working to develop dementia friendly communities can also use it.
Commenting on the framework Bec Cicero Rheolwr Datblygu a Gwella / Improvement and Development Manager, Gofal Cymdeithasol I Oedolion / Adult Social Care said:
“We are really pleased with the work Alder Advice has done for us in developing a simple and practical tool to help organisations plan and deliver their dementia learning and development.The team (Dan, Annette and Ceryl) really listened to what we needed and have created a really helpful, evidence based resource that has been well received by colleagues in the social care sector in Wales.”
For more information about this project contact Dan.Short@alderadvice.co.uk