Rob founded Alder Advice with Dan Short and leads much of its work. He is a qualified and registered social worker and experienced senior strategic manager in both adult services and housing and also has a wealth of operational management experience. He has more than 16 years of experience as an independent adviser to social services, joint care and health services.
Rob has particular expertise in:
- Development of integrated services and whole systems approaches;
- Commissioning social care and housing services;
- Design and implementation of quality management systems;
- Review and design of management information systems; and
- Strategic planning including: scenario planning and back cast planning;
- Partnership development; and
- Workforce development.
Rob was a Principal Adviser (Efficiency Strategy and Planning) at the Department of Health from 2007 to 2011 where he was a senior member of the Care Services Efficiency Delivery Programme. At CSED he was responsible for leading its programmes on Support Related Housing (including Assistive Technology) and Integrated Care and Support Pathway Planning.
Since leaving CSED Rob has been an independent adviser to more than 40 local authorities across a wide range of issues mostly related to improving the cost effectiveness of adult social care.