North Wales strategy for child and adolescent mental health
Published on Wednesday 9th September 2021 by Dan Short
Alder Advice is working closely with stakeholders including children and young people with lived experience to produce a North Wales strategy for child and adolescent mental health. The strategy is the Region's response to the “No Wrong Door” report from the Wales Children’s Commissioner. This project consists of five phases as follows. The first four work phases are complete. We are now working closely with stakeholders on Phase 5:
- An evaluation of 4 innovative therapeutic projects so the current “as is” position was fully understood including existing strengths to build on
- Research into international and national good practice so aspirations could be informed by evidence of the best elsewhere
- A series of engagement workshops with professionals from the 7 organisations and their partners, including from the education sector, 3rd sector organisations and criminal justice so practice wisdom and lived experience underpinned the identification of improvement opportunities
- An extensive engagement programme for children and young people so the end strategy was truly co-produced with the people it aims to benefit in the spirit of “nothing about me, without me”
- Drafting a strategy and making proposals for service redesign necessary to deliver the new strategy efficiently and effectively.