Dan founded Alder Advice with Rob Griffiths and leads much of its work.He has 16 years of experience as an adviser in the area of Health, Housing and Social Services. He also has experience of working for the Department of Health, and as a senior manager in Adult Social Care in Local Government.
Earlier in his career Dan worked for the NHS, Audit Commission and CIPFA. While at CIPFA Dan became a qualified trainer of adults and used to run post graduate training programmes including a joint MBA with Hull University on behalf of CIPFA. He uses these skills to design and deliver effective training programmes when the implementation of change programmes require this. His other particular strengths lie in:
- Planning, performance, efficiency, and effectiveness aspects of strategy development and delivery,
- Helping organisations make ends meet,
- Process review and improvement,
- Facilitating service user involvement, and
- Managing change using appreciative (strengths based) methods.
As a qualified accountant Dan consistently brings an analytical approach to his work and ensures the financial impact of proposed improvements are thought through. As qualified marketing professional he also places a high value on giving customers a voice in all aspects of his work.